Captain’s Logos

Scrubbing the deck of enlightenment with the wirebrush of examination to remove the seagull feces of disillusionment.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

 

So is this going to like...make me late?

Today there is a fire.

And by today, I mean this entire last week, and by fire, I mean thousands of acres are being burnt in Santa Clarita every day because all the grass is dead.

I have seen the smoke for the past week, I have heard (very little, but still have heard) about it on the news, but today I really stopped to consider it. Why? Well because they are shutting down the freeway because of it.

You mean to say, Nathan, that there has been a fire ravaging your fair countryside for the better part of September, and you haven't thought about it? And now the only reason you have let it even seep into your consciousness is because now it is causing traffic?

Well, yes. But we have fires all the time here.

And then I stopped to wonder. Where do I live??? And following very quickly from that. WHY??!!

Comments:
Arkansas doesn't have fires, and no, I don't like ketchup. I'm having a hard time "connecting" with your posts. Can you write about ... how I'm going to beat you in fantasy football in week 2?
 
Uh oh, you have blogger dissent, already.

This doesn't seem to be working out well for you at all. First you leave a post up about chips and salsa, which is...not good, to say the least, and now Amy isn't "connecting".

Maybe you could write her a post about how much respect copy editors get in a newsroom? Or about misbehaving dogs? Or, maybe something about people who go on a cruise for their honeymoon, and the various mishaps that might occur?

I think one of those topics will surely reach out and connect with Amy.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

September 2006   October 2006   December 2006   May 2007   June 2007   August 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]