Captain’s Logos

Scrubbing the deck of enlightenment with the wirebrush of examination to remove the seagull feces of disillusionment.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 

Hello World!!

These famous words (see title) once uttered by yours truly as I stood completely naked on my 3rd story apartment balcony after being de-toweled by a roomate, may prove apt here as well. (maybe not)

However, I must admit that I enter the blogging world with a certain level of apprehension. Because it seems to me that a blogger, by very nature of being a blogger, is willing to concede a few things that I am not sure I am ready to concede. It seems to me that if you are willing to create a diary open to the viewing public you are either:

Not that there is anything wrong with these things, that is if you do have unbelievable writing ability to showcase, or if you do have something to say, or if it is filling up a void in your life, or even if you are just bored. However, I feel that I am none of these things, thus the apprehension.

HOWEVER... and this is why I feel so good about what I am now undertaking, I have discovered a new reason to blog, one that does fit me, and one that I think is altogether important, maybe even fundamental to my existence.

You see, I live far away from family, many friends, and for the most part those who know me best. I have always kind of toed the line between, dare i say, genius and insanity, and have counted on them to sort of keep me on the map. However, now that they are gone, I feel that insanity is prevailing, which is not altogether bad, but I would like to keep some sort of record of my descent into madness. That way one day, when I am removed from this world, people can look back at this blog and say, "Ahhh, that's where he snapped, November 18, 2006 when he spoke at length about the urge to be a pirate and then fell asleep on the letter 'r' causing 35,000 consecutive 'r's but decided to post the blog anyways because of the overall piracy theme".

So with that said, and hopefully much more in the future ... hello world.


Comments:
yippee! I'll be waiting with baited breath for the rrrrrr post.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

September 2006   October 2006   December 2006   May 2007   June 2007   August 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]